Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

Narrawallee overgrown

It's my dad's birthday is this week so I drove the 3 and a half hrs it takes to get to the lovely Narrawallee (near Ulladulla on the south coast) for the weekend.  I figured the best thing I could do for him was the garden.  He tells me he doesn't ever fancy getting out into the garden much these days (I am not really convinced he ever much liked doing it).




The weeds were up to my knees in places and the lavender was desperate for a prune as it had been swamped under the osteospermum (cape daisy).  It really is very invasive but in my defence when I put them in I hoped dad might keep them under control....  I have learnt better it was a mistake just like the plumbago and saliva 'Hot Lips'.







They live a 5min walk to the beach so the soil is almost pure sand, so the newbies needed to be tough. So dad's birthday gift includes: Kangaroo paws (Anigozanthos spp.), a red flowering gum (Corymbia ficifolia) and a couple of  white echinaceas.  It looked much more impressive than this overexposed picture.  



  
There is still masses to do but alas after all the rain I had to get back in the van to play catch up after last weeks rain sodden mess.  So I have mum and dad on the bench to admire my handiwork and hopefully water it in well (Don't forget the Seasol Dad)




Diba 'the beastie' loving the lagoon





No comments:

Post a Comment