Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

A whirlwind few weeks

Hi I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all.... The extra 4 guests are almost gone and the house is kind of back to normal??  If it could ever be classes as normal in the first place.

Firstly the big 21st was a smashing success.  The weather was amazingly well behaved.  The food kept me busy in the kitchen but then I did have 25 or so different finger foods to serve.  Thankfully I was prepared and actually had much of it organised apart from the heating up of the food and serving.  But then I guess you have to wait for that kind of thing

The collection of sofas ready for the movies

Stupidly I forgot to get some photos of everyone actually ready for the movie but the they would have been dark I guess.  I did move the Murraya min-a-min (ball in pot) so that it didn't distort anyone's view. And now the party is over i can think about doing something with that pointless garden at the base of the screen.  I wish I could put in more vegies but the neighbours trees shade it for most of the day.  Sigh.  I guess that is the only trouble I have living in the 'leafy North Shore' trees cast too much shade.

Set up ready
I do recommend movies in the garden (if the weather is good).  It was great fun although I am not so sure the neighbours down the hill enjoyed the volume especially as V decided to watch 'Burn After Reading', a movie with a lot of swearing and sex not a movie you want to watch with your mother-in-law (sorry Ann).

So what have you used your garden at night time for?



No comments:

Post a Comment