Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bloom day late...

I have just taken a really long walk through gardens all around the world to see what is blooming.  And quite frankly there are some simply stunning things in flower and lots of them are late or early.  It's a funny year for sure.

Here are some things that are flowering in my garden in Sydney in the middle of autumn.

Think it is Plectranthus oertendahii

Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender'
I have a few varieties of Plectranthus growing in the front under a massive liquidambar. They do very well in a garden that receives very little love same with the Salvia's that follow.




Following is a plant I thought was called a Brazillan red cloak bush or Megaskepasma but I can only find the genius M. erythrochlamys which is different from the plant I have.  It's pretty even though i don't know what it is really called.



Last of the day-lily I think?

I threw the alyssum into the veg patch to encourage the bees.  Don't think it is working but it looks pretty.

Osmanthus fragrans is a favourite for me smells heavenly even though the flower is teeny tiny

This camellia came with the garden I don't really like the colour but it serves a purpose 

Thanks to maydreamsgardens for your marvellous bloom day the 15th of each month will never be dull again.









No comments:

Post a Comment