Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

orange and pink

They say "blue and green should never be seen unless there's something in between".  Personally I think "they" got it wrong, what I have issues with is orange and pink.  I can't help but recoil when I see it them together not really.  I have to admit if they are both lovely bright colours it is ok but I just see so many around the place currently that makes me want to run and get my hedging shears to simply prune of the offending colours.

Here is an example in my own garden.  Eek, yes i am moving plants around as we speak.

Clivea and Cercis (kill me now)

It is azalea season (I spit out that word, NOT a fan) which mean pinks of all varieties as well as some quite nice whites and reds. And none of those pink go with any of the bright late winter early spring colours.  Is it just me or do you think there is something strange going on in the botanical world at the moment that is encouraging these colours together?

Right I must dash to the garden and move those clivias....  In the meantime here are some orange things up close but not pink I would cry

Pyrostegia Venusta or orange trumpet vine
Tropaelum majus or Nasturtium
Clivia minata


No comments:

Post a Comment