Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Return of the terrorist?

I wrote a little while ago about Bob the Bush Turkey terrorist in a clients vegetable patch.  He made a massive mess all over the place trying to drag a pile of leaf litter together with the lovely garden of compost to woo a lady to make a babies.  I was not best pleased and I had a lot of work to prevent bush turkey babies.

This week however went I was tending the broad beans this is what I discovered....


We had great discussions over what it was that was happily helping itself to the beans.  My first thoughts went straight back to Bob.  The beans have been attacked all over the canes. At the top and right down the bottom.  The frame holding the beans in had fallen to pieces a little as well so could he have jumped to the top, wreaking the place as he ate?  Is it all pay back?

I took off the worse and hoped for the best perhaps we could still get some of the babies in the middle to eat for ourselves? Crossing fingers and toes.  I gave them another liquid feed and left.  My client wrote back to tell me she had seen the culprit

Yes King Parrots it seems likes Broad Beans
It is hard to get too upset with a King parrot and his Queen.  Perhaps we can just let him have a few on the outside edge? Have you ever had something eaten that you just couldn't put your finger on??

6 comments:

  1. King Parrots are beautiful aren't they? Shame about the broad beans. I often have things nibbling on my carrots which I'm pretty sure are rodents - not nearly so pretty as your pilferers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rodents I think in my vegetable garden so I can understand. The picture of the parrots are at my place. Figured if we keep seed up to them here they might leave the few beans I have left? I can only hope.

      Delete
  2. You can almost forgive them, cant you? King parrots are king, they are so pretty - that little flash on their wing... Something sometimes nibbles the top ofg my radish bulbs and not sure what that is... mice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right I know. I did suggest that we throw the bird net over the rest so she gets some beans however. Strange about the radish, at least it is the leaves rather than the actual radish

      Delete
  3. Your pests are so much prettier than our pests. There seems to be an awful lot of wooing going on in your client's veg patch... with any luck your client will be treated to some very sweet pest offspring before very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know your right of course but still when you get only half the crop than you expect and realise that perhaps you have planted more... the king parrots are definitely better than a pack of rats (which is what we thought it might be at first). Thanks for visiting my blog, I shall pop over to yours as well

      Delete