Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

Raspberry joy

In a past life I worked as a nanny in Hampshire, UK. One of the families I worked for had a sizeable estate which had a beautiful shade house which the gardener (Lumberjack) grew amazing raspberries. I do remember having a chat with him about how there weren't really that many berries. His response was that no-one watered them....  Hmm wish I had been more into horticulture at that time and paid closer attention to his words of wisdom.

I am now doing my best to grow raspberries in the temperate climes of Sydney and I think to myself I really must water my raspberries more. They are in for the first year since I divided them after being the neglect last year.

Here are 3 of my raspberry pots wrapped up and hiding from the birds
I have to say the crop while very tasty has been small. I get a small handful every few days which are lovely as you can see:


But I want more after all I have this recipe I have pinned on pinterest and I really want to make it. I just don't think it will be this year, perhaps next year?

Sweetsugarbeans 'raspberry and dark chocolate ganache tart'
Wishing you all a very berry Christmas. Hope your gardens are producing well.

4 comments:

  1. Well at least you have some raspberries although I can understand why you'd want to have enough for that tart - it looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz you are absolutely right I am grateful for the few morsels but I must remember to water a lot more next year so I can make that tart :0)

      Delete
  2. The pinterest pic of the pie looks amazing, something to aspire to. Best wishes for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the wait will be worth it. Thanks hope you have a great new year as well Kelli and hopefully you won't have any frost doing any great damage to the garden

      Delete