Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

zucchini tuesday

I don't know about you but I do spend quite a bit of time on pinterest.  It is just a little bit addictive and there are so many places it can take you. You can whip around the world and discover so many more exciting places than you ever thought possible. There are tips on how to make your life easier and more sustainable.  And the recipes are brilliant you might never need to go to the library again to search out delectable delights. This week I thought to coincide with Zucchini Tuesday that Louise is hosting here I would use one of my pins: Stuffed Zucchini.

* Top and tail a bunch of zucchini then slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the seeds to make a boat (of course I forgot this part and the tomatoes slid all over the place).

I can only wish I could grow this fabulous garlic.  It was grown in Griffith and giving to me my a lovely client
* Chop garlic finely, add salt and pepper and a little dried chilli. Finally a drop or two of olive oil.
* Slice a pile of tiny tomatoes in half and lie them cut side up on the zucchini. Sprinkle a handfull of breadcrumb around the tomato.

Yay for the first glut of tomatoes
* Bake in the oven for about 40mins around 180-200C.
* After that top with mozzerella and put back into the oven to melt.

Top with cheese
* Once all melted it's ready.  I served mine with a green salad



I am loving the zucchini challenge. Thanks Louise

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your zucchini recipes! This one is so simple and a cracker and with lots of things you might have in your patch. Loving the Griffith garlic. I plan on visiting the Wagga Wagga farmers market on Saturday, might see what Riverina produce I can find - perhaps this lovely garlic. Cant wait till I actually get some home grown zuccs to cook with!

    ReplyDelete