Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

A hot summer

I confess I haven't been on the blog for a while. I blame spring madness. The gardens are growing like mad things. I expect it would be even worse if we actually did have some rain. And for those poor people in the blue mountains (and many other places around NSW) in the past few weeks would have done anything for more wet stuff. I am so concerned myself as we are in a bushfire zone as Lane Cove National park is about a kilometre from my patch so this summer brings on a lot of fear.

These were the skies last week at the height of the fire storms
Anyway I do my best at working other peoples gardens and trying desperately to get water in where it counts as I am sure you are all doing as well. I have madly been sugar caning the garden beds and having to add ...


Yes evidence of Nitrogen draw down because of the tree removal out the front has shown up in my beans, shallots and even eggplant. Some are thriving while others struggle, I feel like such a bad mother who is underfeeding some while others thrive.

Notice how lovely the shallots in front are compared to those behind
I think the urea is helping but I might have to add a generous amount each week until the carbon from the tree finally breaks down (soon please).

Here is how the garden is looking after a bit of a mulch up


Anyway I hope you get the weather conditions you are after where you live. In the meantime I think I might go off and do a little rain dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment